Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Father knows best





From time to time my dad likes to volunteer his thoughts on celebrities. Here are a few comments he's made over the years.





On Britney Spears



Dad: You know why Britney Spears is so famous--



Me: Why?



Dad: It's her teeth. They're perfect. I've never seen teeth as white and straight as her's.





On Christina Aguilera, after being the first person in line to buy her 2006 "Back to Basics" album



Dad: I thought this was supposed to be a jazz CD.







On Kelly Clarkson at the Grammys

Dad: I don't understand. Why doesn't she sing big band numbers like that one time on American Idol. Her voice was so pure. Now she just sounds like yuuhhck!





On Andre Agassi and Brooke Shields



Dad: Do you know why Andre Agassi and Brooke Shields got divorced?



Me: Actually, no. I don't really know them that well.




Dad: Oh, ok. (Sighs, walks away, comes back 5 minutes later)



Dad: I just think it must have been hard on them in the late 90's. His career was just having so many up and downs. That must have strained their relationship.



Me: That's probably true. Plus, Brooke had her own shit going on with Suddenly Susan.




Dad: Oh, you're right. It's just too bad they couldn't make it work. I mean Brooke Shields has some great teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment